Laguna is a collaborative space for on-site production that brings together leading entrepreneurs in design, architecture, urban planning, gastronomy and art; generating an ecosystem of constant exchange of ideas, creativity and collaboration.
By: Cortesía de Laguna
Photos: Enrique R. Aguilar
The profile of Laguna residents are Mexican entrepreneurs with high-quality, innovative products, with the desire to form a community, and create experiences with the rest of the internal ecosystem and the Doctores neighborhood.
The Laguna building dates to the 1920s, it is in the location where a thread and textile factory operated until 2015, and gives it its peculiar architecture, distribution and history.
Located in Colonia Doctores, central and historical point of Mexico City. This colony was founded around 1890 and has a great architectural, historical and cultural wealth. In it are such relevant and recognized spaces, such as: the Temple of Belén de los Mercedarios from the 18th century, the Indianilla station, the house of Porfirio Díaz, the Free School of Law, the parish of Our Lady of Sorrows (1934) , the Arena México (1956), the CDMX Attorney General's Office, Televisa Chapultepec, the Hidalgo market and the Museum of Old Mexican Toys, among others.
The building began to be renovated in 2018 to adapt and accommodate creation and production spaces on site; Currently there are more than 19 leading proposals in design, gastronomy, architecture, furniture, textiles and others. With the spirit of creating community and common experiences in an ecosystem of constant exchange of ideas, creative freedom and artistic inspiration; In addition to an inclusion program for the neighborhood with craft workshops and a cultural program.
2. Anfora Studio - Ceramic Studio
3. Productora - Architectural Estudio
4. Francisco Pardo - Architectural Estudio
5. Jardín - Architectural Estudio
6. Liga - Space for Arquitecture
9. Gastromotiva - Social Gastronomy
10. La Metropolitana - Design and Architecture
11. Déjate Querer - Felt Flo0r Mats
13. Laguna - Laguna's administrative office
15. Braya - Communication Agency
16. Década - Vintage Furniture
17. Mármoles Arca - Material Showroom
18. Hermanos Koumori - Clothes and Accessories
19. Llano - Contemporary Art Gallery